Thomasville is located just 35 miles north of Tallahassee, Florida and less than an hour's drive from Valdosta, Georgia. Whether you are looking to relocate or just traveling through, Thomasville is a wonderful destination for families, children and retirees.
Thomas County hosts several seasonal festivals, such as our annual Rose Festival, during the month of April. Our Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival, a premier event featuring over 60 renowned wildlife artists from all over the U.S., held in November, and the Victorian Christmas celebration in December are a few of the fun filled events that are enjoyed by locals and visitors.
There are approximately 71 plantations in and around Thomas County. It is the largest concentration of its kind in the United States. The plantations cover some 300,000 acres, and are mostly owned by family descendents. Only one is open for touring, Pebble Hill Plantation and schedules frequent events for the public including the Pebble Hill Fall Sampler.
The Thomas County School System and the Thomasville City Schools are committed to excellence and provide innovative and strategically planned instruction to all students. Thomasville's private school, Brookwood, offers a college prep education. Thomas University and Southwest Georgia Technical College also offer Associate, Bachelor's and Master's Degree.
Residents and visitors all agree that Thomasville and Thomas County are among the most sought-after regions in Southern Georgia! Hope to see you soon!
Want to know more about Thomasville? Use the links below to find out about local organizations, places to see, weather and more!
- Thomasville weather from Weather.com
- Thomasville Chamber of Commerce, Thomasville Visitor's Center and Downtown Thomasville for information on Thomasville and Thomas County and what to see and do in the City of Roses.
- Rose.net - City events, utilities, Internet access, city and county information and other resources
- Archbold Medical Center - Our premier healthcare center! A 5-hospital, four nursing-home system with more than 800 beds.
- Thomasville YMCA
- Tall Timbers - A research instution dedicated to fostering exemplary land stewardship through research, conservation and education
- Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival - With a reputation for providing outstanding hospitality and attracting unparalleled talent, the Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival is one of America's premier wildlife and sporting art festivals
- Pebble Hill Plantation - Pebble Hill Plantation was originally a cotton plantation created in the early 1800s, and was used a fter the Civil War as a winter home and hunting lodge. Featuring historic buildings, beautiful grounds, and a museum and gift shop, this is a must-see. Special events occur throughout the year.
- Brookwood School, Thomasville City Schools, Thomas County Schools and Thomasville Christian School
- Southwest Georgia Technical College and Thomas University
- Thomasville Antiques Show - For twenty -one years, the Thomasville Antiques Show Foundation, Inc. has focused on the single aim of benefiting local children. The Foundation continues to provide funding for quality programs that enrich and assist children in Thomasville and Thomas County.