BEAUTIFUL HOME, GUEST HOUSE AND BARN ON 12.5 ACRES
Whitehaven was built in 1890. Heart pine milled from the plantation was used for the interior and exterior construction. In the 1970's it was renovated by the firm of Frank McCall. Sitting on 12.5 acres the house, guest house and horse barn are accessible to historic downtown Thomasville, Glen Arven Country Club and Archbold hospital. Grounds are abundant with large trees. Oaks, pine, magnolia, dogwood, redbud, Japanese Magnolia...and a grove of mature Chinese chestnut trees. In the 1950's Captain Harold "Babe" White planted 160 camellias, azaleas, tea olive, cherokee rose and more. The home features 14 ft ceilings, heart pine cabinets, window seating, 5 fireplaces, spiral staircase and modern kitchen. The grounds are completely fenced with approx 7 acres of horse pasture. Appointment Only.